Achari Stuffed Paratha
This achari stuffed paratha is called masale ka paratha in my family, which means "flat-bread stuffed with spices". This recipe is most unique to my family and was my late grandmother's very 'special'. I have always loved it and it still is one of my favourite comfort foods.
Achari stuffed paratha
A delicious achari stuffed paratha, or 'Indian flatbread with spices' recipe to make the most delicious. parathas that are spicy, hot and so comforting! This paratha is stuffed with our Messy Mango Pickle and can be enjoyed as a savoury breakfast or with some curry for lunch.
- 2 Cup Wheat Flour or Chapati flour
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 8 tsp Messy Mango Pickle
- Water for kneading dough
- Oil for cooking the parathas
- Combine flour, salt, cumin and water together and knead dough to a usual bread like consistency. Let the dough rest for 15 minutes
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll each portion to a flat bread about 8 inches in diameter.
- Spread 1 tsp of Messy Mango pickle evenly. Now half the flatbread and then quarter it over again. Seal the edges by pressing them down.
- Roll the triangle shaped dough again to almost 8 inch in diameter (it might not be a perfect circle)
- Heat a heavy based flat pan and place the paratha on hot pan. Cook the paratha on medium flame for about 1 minute. Then flip and cook the other side.
- Grease each side of the paratha with about 1/2 tsp of oil or ghee and continue to cook on the pan till it browns slightly.
- Repeat for all the other dough balls.
Enjoy this paratha with some cool cucumber raita or a spicy curry.