Cavalo Nero - Black Kale stir fry
Cavalo Nero or Black Kale recipe with our Smelly Garlic Pickle. A vegan and nutritious treat offered by Brinda Bungaroo. A quick preparation of this delicious dark leafy green that can be served on the side of some brown rice or used as a filling for wraps.
Cavalo Nero - Black Kale Stir Fry
5 undefined minutes
10 undefined minutes
A delicious preparation of black kale or cavalo nero with spices, Smelly Garlic pickle and topped with orange and pomegranate. This recipe is ready in under 10 minutes and makes a tasty salad on the side of some brown rice or quinoa.
- 200g curly Cavolo Nero (Black Kale), chopped (you can use Curly Kale or Cabbage)
- 1 medium size onion finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp rapeseed oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tsp freshly ground cumin
- 2 Tbs Smelly Garlic pickle
- A orange peeled and sliced
- Handful of pomegranate seeds
- Start the Black Kale Sitr Fry by preparing the greens, wash and drain in a colander.
- Place a large skillet or a large non-stick pan over medium high heat. Add the sliced onion fry until slightly brown. Add the Smelly Garlic pickle give it a quick stir. Now add the cumin powder and caraway seeds.
- Add the black Kale to the pan, season with salt. Give it a quick stir, leave to cook on low heat for another 10 minutes, until the leaves are tender yet retaining their green vibrant colours.
- Taste for seasoning. Top with sliced orange and pomegranate seeds
You can add other seeds such as pumpkin, sunflower or pine nuts etc to the dish. Enjoy hot or cold with some brown rice or quinoa.