Spicy Corn on the cob
They are so juicy, sweet and especially with our Hot Chilli Hot sprinkle, they are utterly spicy as well. I love my grilled corn on the cob a bit charred. I know some people prefer it simply boiled and buttered, but I like the way we had them in India growing up – a bit charred all around for more texture and flavour.
Spicy Corn on the cob
Enjoy our spicy corn on the cob recipe.
I enjoy my corn on the cob grilled, but was always reluctant to make them as charring them on the gas burner resulted in a really dirty hob at the end. So I tried making these in the grill and voila they turned out just as delicious and without the mess.
So definitely grill is the way forward for my chilli corn on the cob. And the added bonus is that I can cook 6-8 at one go and they come out perfectly warm for everyone to enjoy together.
This recipe for grilled corn only takes about 15 minutes to make and can be enjoyed as a snack by the whole family.
- 6-8 supersweet corn on the cob
- 2 tbsp of melted butter
- 2 tbsp of Hot Chilli Hot Sprinkle
- half a lime
- 1 tbsp salt
- In a big saucepan boil water and add the salt. Once it comes to a boil, add the corn on the cob and cook for 5 minutes. Make sure not to cook any longer as that will result in hard pods.
- Heat grill to the maximum heat, mine goes to no. 3
- Drain the corn on the cob from boiling water and with a brush, butter them all around generously.
- Now carefully place the cobs on the grill platter and cook for 3-4 minutes. Check after 2 minutes to make sure you get the right about of colour as per your preference.
- Once this is done, carefully turn the cobs around with tongs and grill the other sides. If your grill is super hot, this should only take 1 minute on each side now.
- Bring out the corn on the cobs. And let them cool slightly.
- In a small dish put out the Hot Chilli Hot sprinkle. Now take the half piece of lime and press it on the sprinkle so that a generous amount sticks to the lime.
- Rub this lime on the cobs to get spicy corn on the cobs. Keep repeating this on all sides of the cobs till you season them perfectly to your preference.
- Drizzle a bit extra lime juice if you prefer them quite sour.
Enjoy your grilled corn on the cob while still warm. These will be juicy, sweet and so spicy!