Nachos with guacamole
Nachos with guacamole - I make this recipe EVERYTIME I have friends over. It is so simple to make, just a few ingredients (that I happen to always have in my kitchen cupboards), a few minutes to prepare and results in such a delicious, colourful looking snack of delicious sharing nachos platter. I serve this with two dips - a spicy garlicky guacamole using our Smelly Garlic pickle and soured cream with chives and Hot Chilli Hot Sprinkle.
Nachos with guacamole
My spicy nachos with guacamole is a big hit with both adults and kids alike and with the different dips on the platter, everyone ends up with different flavours with every bite.
- 120gm grated cheddar cheese, grated
- 150gm of Doritos Cheese Nachos
- 70gm of of green jalepeno, roughly chopped (that’s one small jar from supermarkets)
- 2 ripe medium avocado
- 1 medium red onion finely chopped (add a pinch of salt and some lime juice and leave for 10 minutes)
- 15-20 ripe cherry tomatoes, chopped into quarters
- 1 small ripe mango diced finely
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped coriander leaves
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Black pepper
- Sea salt
- 1 tbsp of Smelly Garlic Pickle
- 150ml soured cream or crème fresh
- 3-4 stalks of chives chopped (or use spring onion greens)
- 1 tsp of Hot Chilli Hot Sprinkle
For Sour cream dip
- Preheat oven to 150 deg C
- To make the nachos platter, in an oven proof serving platter spread out half the nachos. Sprinkle over half the cheese and jalepeno.
- Now layer the rest of the nachos, cheese and jalepeno.
- Put in the oven for 7 minutes.
- To make the garlicky guacamole, mash the 1 ½ avocado with the back of your fork, add onions, tomatoes, lime juice, and Smelly Garlic pickle. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the last ½ avocado, drizzle a bit of lime juice and keep separately.
- In a separate small serving bowl mix soured cream, chives and sprinkle some Hot Chilli Hot Sprinkle on top.
- Bring out the nachos platter and dollop a little bit of the guacamole in the centre, decorate the plain chopped avocado around the platter. Dollop some sour cream on the nachos platter. Serve the rest of the dips in a separate small bowls.
Enjoy your cheesy, garlicy, spicy nachos platter with a cold drink.