Potato and Chard curry
Potato and Chard Curry
This potato and chard curry recipe belongs to my late grandma. She would make it with spinach as we don’t have chard in India. Here’s our Cheeky twist to this quick and easy potato and chard curry!
- 4-5 medium potatoes (preferably Maris Piper) – diced into small cubes
- Handful of chard leaves (or spinach) – finely chopped (stems and all)
- 1 tbsp of ghee (or any oil if you prefer)
- Small piece of ginger finely chopped
- 1.5 tbsp of cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1.5 tbsp of coriander powder
- Pinch of chilli powder
- Juice of half a lime
- 2 tbsp of Pecky Peanut
- In a heavy bottom wok/pan, heat the ghee. While it’s medium hot, add the cumin, turmeric and ginger and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the potatoes and mix in well. Now put the lid on the pan and leave to simmer for about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add the coriander powder, chilli powder and salt to the potatoes.
- Add chard leaves and give a good mix.
- Cover lid and leave to simmer for another 1-2 minutes.
- Once potatoes are done – ideally they should have a gentle bite to them, not too soft, remove from heat.
- Squeeze on the lime juice and generously sprinkle with Pecky Peanut
Garnish with some chopped coriander and enjoy in an Indian paratha wrap.