Hummus – ahh that delicious nutty spread on a this toasted slice of bread! Over the years this mediterranean spread has grown on us and now available in so many flavours and variations. But trust us when we say that hummus tastes best when made freshly at home (and also served slightly warm). So here we have a simple and quick hummus recipe for you.
This recipe has been kindly contributed by our Cheeky customer and brilliant food blogger Paul Conboy. With just a handful of ingredients, he brings together a foolproof hummus recipe that can be prepared easily and quickly in under 15 minutes. Trust us, once you’ve tried this hummus recipe, shop bought hummus just won’t do it anymore! To check out more recipes from Paul, visit his instagram – Fat Food Club
Disclaimer – his food photos will make you seriously hungry!!
- 1 200g can of chickpeas
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of tahini paste
- Half a squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil (extra virgin if you like)
- Sourdough (or any crusty bread) cut into slices and toasted
- Small handful of chopped chives
- Small handful of pomegranate seeds
- 1 tsp of Hot Chilli Hot sprinkle
- A generous pinch of sea salt and ground pepper to season
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive to garnish
Step 1 – Firstly, crack on with the hummus by opening the can and draining the chickpeas. Tip into a food processor along with the lemon juice, garlic cloves, tahini and seasoning. Blitz until smooth all the time slowly adding the olive oil. You need a smooth hummus which is to your consistency. If things seem dry, try adding a little water (or more oil) until you get the consistency you require.
Step 2 – Take the toasted sourdough and spread the delicious hummus on top. Sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds followed by the chives and Hot Chilli Hot Sprinkle
Step 3 – Finally, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and enjoy.