- 4-5 medium potatoes (preferably Maris Piper) – diced into small cubes
- Handful of chard leaves (or spinach) – finely chopped (stems and all)
- 1 tbsp of ghee (or any oil if you prefer)
- small piece of ginger finely chopped
- 1.5 tbsp of cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1.5 tbsp of coriander powder
- pinch of chilli powder
- juice of half a lime
- 2 tbsp of Pecky Peanut
Step 1 – In a heavy bottom wok/pan, heat the ghee. While it’s medium hot, add the cumin, turmeric and ginger and fry for a few seconds.
Step 2 – Add the potatoes and mix in well. Now put the lid on the pan and leave to simmer for about 3-4 minutes.
Step 3 – Remove the lid and add the coriander powder, chilli powder and salt to the potatoes.
Step 4 – Add chard leaves and give a good mix.
Step 5 – Cover lid and leave to simmer for another 1 minutes.
Step 6 – Once potatoes are done – ideally they should have a gentle bite to them, not too soft, remove from heat.
Step 7 – Squeeze on the lime juice and generously sprinkle with Pecky Peanut